Roman Thermae – Starozagorski bani

The Roman thermae in the center of Starozagorski bani village were studied in 1955 and 1964 They are one of the largest and best preserved in our lands. They are located west of the prehistoric mound.

They are built on an area of about 2500 square meters. They include three swimming pools (hot, cold and lukewarm water), two dressing rooms (male and female), hallways and sanctuary of the goddesses-nymphs (Nymphaeum). The walls and floors of the pool were lined with polished marble tiles. The floor of the west hall is covered with a multicolored mosaic.

During the exploration work there were found a building inscription of the thermae, marble relief tiles of the three nymphs, marble altar with a dedication to God Dolihen, and some toiletries.
 

Location:
in the center of Starozagorski bani village

 

 

 

Roman Thermae – Starozagorski bani
Roman Thermae – Starozagorski bani

постоянна експонация